Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Fro Down: Best afros of all time

If you know me, you probably know that I have a deep-seated obsession with afros. Call me a fronatic, but there is something about a full, fluffy head of hair that drives me wild. Here are 16 of my Favorite Fros of All Time (F.F.A.T):

1. Erykah Badu
Oh baby. It's easy to see why this multifarious mass of hair ranks at the top of the list.




















2. Michael Jackson
He could sing, he could dance, and boy he sure could rock a fro.





















3. Oprah Winfrey
Call it a marketing scheme, but Oprah's perfectly coiffed 'do created that superb "O" shape that so many have tried and failed to achieve.


















4. Snoop Dogg
Hate the man. Love the fro.
























5. Alicia Keys
Seperated into 2 symmetrical mini fros, Alicia's approach to the afro genre is both interesting and refreshing.
















6. El Presidente
Obama turned heads even back in the day with his hunky head of hair. A sure indicator of greatness to come!
























7. Luda
It had me going crazy, oh I was star-struck. It woke me up daily, don't need no Starbucks.




















8. Bob Ross
A work of art, this Jew Fro was a masterpiece all on its own.

















9. Marge Simpson
Vibrantly colored and gravity-defying, Marge's afro is Large and In Charge.
























10. Beyonce
Well balanced two-toned fros are difficult to achieve, but this caramel/chocolate combo is so delicious it makes me crave a Snickers bar.
























11. My cousin Abdo
Baby fro! Since this picture was taken 18 years ago, I am happy to say that my cuzzo's curls have indeed reached their full potential.
















12. Jaden Smith (son of Will Smith)
That lucky, lucky son of a gun. Basically, his life is awesome and his hair is no exception.
























13. Lenny Kravitz
What I really enjoy about this one are the textured shape and subtle blonde highlights. Makes me want to Fly Away into that beautiful nest of tresses.



















14. Corbin Bleu
This magnificent mane needs a musical all on its own.
























15. Khleo Thomas
Making its first all-star debut in the movie "Holes", Khleo's afro has continued to appear in various Disney Channel original movies, and has even started a career in rapping. Swaggerific.

















16. Barbra Streisand
For a white girl, that haint too shabby. Yea baaaaahbra.
























For tips on how to have an afro of your very own, visit: http://www.ehow.com/how_2057924_grow-afro.html

Happy growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment