Sunday, December 19, 2010

Unrequited dreams

Ideally, I'd be on an airplane right now headed towards camel country and the sweet scent of Rehab City. However, due to extenuating circumstances (ie. some drops of snow) my flight has been cancelled (they sent my dad a text). What a joke.

So after a few hours of denial and a few hours of napping, I got bored (maybe a little nostalgic) and decided to go through the oldest emails in my inbox. I have to say, there was some pretty hilarious blog material in those emails, particularly in the form of some family vacay pictures back in 2005...but when my sister saw the pictures she threatened to sue if they ever got out. The conversation went like this:

me: "Hahahahahahahahahahaha. You look great."
Sarah: "If you put that picture on your blog I will literally have you sued."

Weary of a possible civil class action lawsuit, I passed on that opportunity.

A few pages later, I happened upon an email from Guinness World Records in 2006, reminding me that they have not received my agreement regarding record attempts:


OH YEAAAA. I totally forgot about that. It used to be my dream to break a Guinness World Record. I believe I was going for "longest paper clip chain built in 24 hours." The record back then was held by some middle school in Washington state. I can't quite remember what happened, and why that dream never came to fruition...but it got me thinking about all of the dreams that I've left to die over the years. There was that dream of inventing the world's first air conditioned robe. And then there was that dream of learning how to unicycle. And that's just me... Who knows how many dreams have been left floating aimlessly all over the world, waiting to be turned into "I seen it with my own eyes" realities!

In honor of those unrequited dreams, I promise you a promise: If I don't get accepted into graduate school, I will take it as a sign to rekindle this dream. WE WILL BUILD THE LONGEST PAPER CLIP CHAIN IN 24 HOURS.

Now, who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment