Friday, December 3, 2010

Wise quotes for the ages

My parents are very wise people. Ask anyone, and they will tell you that they are full of insightful and inspirational quotes pertaining to just about every area of life. One of my father's most infamous quotes came right before my younger sister left for college*:

"Sarah, listen to me. If you do drugs, you do alcohol. If you do alcohol, you do sex. Then you die."

Today, he used a similar format to describe the evils of texting (my sister did 35 pages worth of texting last month, and he's not too happy about this):

"Sarah, listen to me. You get addicted to texting, then you get addicted to drugs. You get addicted to drugs, then you get addicted to alcohol."

I assume this scenario can be applied to any situation at any given time. Go ahead, give it a try! You might be surprised with how much it improves your life.

And that, my friends, it what it feels like to be enlightened. You're welcome.



*Note: all quotes to be read in heavy egyptian accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment